Rod & Kim Creese Butcher's Blog
Tips and offers from your local Gloucester Butcher.
Fire Up the Barbie for Flaming June!
I know I may be being a bit optimistic, but the long range forecast predicts some scorching weather in the UK this June.
Fortunately, there are plenty of sporting events going on to provide excuses for getting friends and family round for a barbecue.
• Football – this time in Euro 2016 we have Northern Ireland, the Republic and Wales as well as England to cheer on. They must win sometimes, surely. It kicks off on 10th June with the final on 10th July.
• Horse racing – 4th June is Derby Day at Epsom and Royal Ascot runs from 14th to 18th June.
• Cricket - Sri Lanka are touring and the third Test Match against England starts on 9th June. There are also one day internationals on 21st, 24th, 26th and 29th June and 2nd July.
• Rugby Union – there are three sets of summer international matches in June involving England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales taking on the likes of Australia, Japan, New Zealand and South Africa.
• Formula One – Grand Prix in Canada on 12th June and Azerbaijan on 19th June.
• Wimbledon – this annual favourite runs from 27th June until 10th July. Can Murray surprise the doubters?
If you are having a barbecue, don’t settle for a boring selection pack from your supermarket. Make it a special event with a trip to Rod and Kim at our refurbished Hucclecote shop.
Have a chat a few days before and select one of Roddy’s marinades to give your meat a unique taste. We also supply burgers, including lamb and mint or chicken and leek, and sausages such as hot and spicy or Scrumpy Jack cider and apple! To round off, you can add a selection of Mrs Darlington’s pickles and condiments. All in all a tasty summer treat of something different.
Give Roddy and the team a call on 01452 536942 or browse our website rkcreese.co.uk.
Rod and Kim Creese, butchers; local, traditional and friendly.